Monday, 27 February 2012

Weekend round-up

Fat fryer fire

A commercial fat fryer caught fire at a McDonalds restaurant in Western Road, Brighton, on Sunday (26th February) at 3.55pm.

Two crews remained at the scene until 4.22pm getting the fire under control.

Gorse fire in Hastings

Firefighters tackled a fire in Ore, with the help of an off-road specialist vehicle. Crews were called to North Seat at 5.14pm on Sunday (27th February) following reports of gorse on fire.

Two appliances were sent including a Land Rover Pump Appliance, designed to act as a lightweight fire-fighting appliance ideal for accessing rural and remote areas. The Land Rover is fitted with a water tank and pump, hoses and equipment to be able to cope with most small rural fires.

It took just under an hour to get the fire under control and the cause of the fire is believed to be deliberate.

Chimney fire

Eastbourne firefighters were called out to a chimney fire in Pevensey Bay, near Beachlands Estate, yesterday evening (26th February) at 6.59pm. It took just twenty minutes to get the fire under control.

Fire in open

Hastings firefighters were called out to deal with a deliberate fire in the open in Mill Lane, Ore, on Sunday afternoon (26th February) at 3.32pm. It took the crew half an hour to make the area safe.

Kitchen fire at Telscombe Cliffs

Eleven firefighters tackled a kitchen fire in Peacehaven in the early hours of yesterday morning (26th February). Two crews from Roedean and Newhaven were sent to the property in Grassmere Avenue, at 3.28am. Firefighters entered the property wearing breathing apparatus and extinguished the fire located in the oven. One elderly lady who lived at the property had to be treated by paramedics at the scene. The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.

Firefighters assist at loft incident

Eastbourne firefighters came to the rescue after a person became trapped in the loft by their hand. Crews arrived at the property in Rushlake Crescent, Eastbourne, at 10.29am on Sunday (26th February). After releasing the injured person the casualty was left with the paramedics.

Firefighters attend collision in Crowborough

Firefighters attended a three-vehicle collision in Beacon Road on Saturday (25th February) afternoon at 1.28pm. Two crews attended and assisted with directing traffic and making the area safe.

Firefighters come to the rescue of a baby

Eastbourne firefighters came to the rescue of a six-month-old baby who found itself locked inside a car in Lottridge Drove, Seaside, Saturday (25th February) afternoon at 3.45pm. The vehicle’s occupants were at the scene and there was no need for the ambulance service to attend.

Kitchen fire at pub

Battle, Heathfield and Uckfield firefighters were mobilised to a kitchen fire at the Wheel Inn, along Heathfield Road, Burwash, on Saturday (25th February) afternoon at 3.51pm.

Firefighters tackled the kitchen fire wearing breathing apparatus and using one hose reel jet and firefighting foam. The cause of the fire was accidental. Crews remained on scene until 5.50pm damping the area down to ensure there were no pockets of fire or any fire spread.

House fire in Bexhill

Hastings and Bexhill firefighters were called out to a fire at a property in Glyne Ascent on Saturday (25th February) afternoon at 5.05pm.

The fire was located in the house on the first-floor of the property and firefighters wearing breathing apparatus and using two hose reels tackled the fire.

All persons were accounted for and the Positive Pressure Ventilation Fan was used to blow the smoke from the building.

Crews remained at the scene for two hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment