Tuesday, 22 May 2012

Incident round-up

Hastings wood fire

Firefighters were called out to a deliberate fire at Dog Kennel Woods, in Harley Shute Road, yesterday (21st May) afternoon at 1.18pm.

The fire was located within a tree cutting and a flexpack (a backpack water reservoir with a hose attachment) was used by firefighters to access the remote outdoor area, 

Accidental fire in Eastbourne

Two fire engines were sent to a property in Norway Road, Seaside, yesterday (21st May) at 2.41pm.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus and using one hose reel tackled the fire which was found to be accidental.

Hastings washing machine fire

Three fire engines and the Aerial Ladder Platform were called to a washing machine fire at The Bourne, Old Town, Hastings, yesterday (21st May) at 3.01pm. It took just ten minutes to get the incident under control, resulting in heat and smoke damage. A Home Safety Visit was carried out following the incident.

Man falls through roof

Newhaven firefighters were called to assist paramedics following an incident where a man fell through a roof at a property in Bramber Avenue, Peacehaven.

The crew were on hand to offer assistance for an hour after being called out at 3.09pm yesterday (21stMay).

Extractor fan fire

Brighton firefighters were called to Duke Street yesterday (21st May) at 4.09pm after reports of a small fire on the first floor of a property.

Two fire engines and the Aerial Ladder Platform attended and extinguished the fire which was located in the extractor fan. Crews remained at the scene after the fire had been extinguished until 5.07pm, and cut away parts of the wall and ceiling cavity to ensure there was no fire spread.

Scout hut fire

Hastings firefighters were called out to save a scout hut, in Linley Drive, at 5.04pm after it was deliberately set fire to yesterday (21st May). They were there until 5.22pm ensuring that the area was made safe.

Bench set on fire

Eastbourne firefighters were called to an incident at Longland Park, in Longland Road, Old Town, following reports that a bench had been set fire to yesterday (21stMay) at 7.26pm.

Help given to elderly woman and toddler

An elderly woman and toddler required help from Hove firefighters following a fire in Payne Avenue, yesterday (21st May) at 7.52pm.

The fire was located near a shed at the rear of the property and one hose reel jet was used to put it out. A woman in her 80s suffered breathing problems after inhaling the smoke and a four-year-old was checked over as a precautionary measure.

Firefighters asked for an ambulance to be sent to the incident and a Home Safety Visit was offered to the occupants following the incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment