Monday, 20 August 2012

Disposable BBQ warning for Hove

Beach lovers are being warned of the dangers of using disposable barbecues after one left in a bin sparked a fire.

Hove firefighters were called to Kings Road at 7.15pm last night (19th August) after reports of a bin on fire.

Firefighters are concerned by the growing numbers of people abandoning their barbecues, either on the beach or in nearby bins, which can have devastating consequences for others.

Crew Manager Jamie Roberts said: “There is a perfect water source right there, which is the sea. We are concerned that there are also lots of children walking around and they could burn themselves on hot stones or abandoned barbecues.

“Local residents are becoming increasingly concerned by these types of incidents and we would urge people to be considerate of others.”

Having a barbecue on a sunny day is a great way to enjoy the summer, but it's also a very easy way for people to get burnt and property damaged if a few simple rules are not followed.



No comments:

Post a Comment