Tuesday, 25 September 2012

Chimney fire warning

East Sussex residents are being reminded of the importance of regularly having their chimney swept as we head into the winter season.

Battle firefighters were called out to the Wheel Inn, in Heathfield Road, Burwash, on Monday (24th September) at 2.54pm and were there for just over an hour making the area safe.

Meanwhile, over in Bexhill Pevensey firefighters were called to another chimney fire in Manor Road, Bexhill on Monday (24th Sept) at 8.57pm.

  •  Ensure your chimney is swept regularly.
  •  Keep chimneys and flues clean and well maintained.
  •  Be careful when using open fires to keep warm. Make sure you always use a fire guard to protect against flying sparks from hot embers.
  • Ensure the fire is extinguished before going to bed or leaving the house.
  • Never interrupt the air supply by blocking air vents or air bricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment