Tuesday, 20 November 2012

Electric grill fire in Eastbourne sparks safety warning

Avid chefs are being reminded not to leave cooking unattended.

This follows a fire last night (19th November) at 8.17pm at a property in Hurst Road, Old Town, Eastbourne, after food was overheated under the grill.

Two crews were called to the incident and were on hand to ensure that the fire was fully out, fitted smoke alarms and carried out a Home Safety Visit.

More than half of accidental fires at home are started by cooking.

Many kitchen fires happen when people are not paying attention or they leave things unattended.

Find out how to keep safe while you are cooking and what to do if a fire starts in your kitchen.


No comments:

Post a Comment