Tuesday, 28 May 2013

Barbecue Safety Warning

Crews from Lewes and Uckfield attended a fire in Piltdown on 27th May. The occupiers of the property had been using a gas barbecue alongside the house, which had caught fire and had caused some heat damage to the property. Firefighters used a hose reel jet to extinguish the flames.

Watch Manager, Dave Washington, Lewes, said: “We would like to remind members of the public to keep barbecues away from the side of structures and buildings and to ensure that barbecues are kept clean from oil and fat.”

No comments:

Post a Comment