Thursday, 18 July 2013

Kitchen fire in Portslade

On 18th July at 01.10am, crews from Hove responded to a kitchen fire at a property in Eastbrook Road, Portslade, near Church Road.

Crews used two breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet to extinguish the fire. Three people were transferred to hospital by Ambulance, suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation.

A Positive Pressure Ventilation fan was used to ventilate the property and firefighters also used a thermal imaging camera to check for hot spots.

Crew Manager, Andy Baldwin, said: “Having working smoke alarms in your property will give you the earliest possible warning of a fire and valuable time for you and your family to escape safely.

“I would also like to take this opportunity to remind people that East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service advise that you never tackle a fire yourself. Our advice is get out, stay out and call 999.”

No comments:

Post a Comment