An investigation by East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service into a serious fire in Portslade has found the cause was accidental.
Crews were called out at 16.23 on 6 September to a two storey home in Hamilton Close.
Six people were inside the house at the time it caught alight.
Around 20 firefighters attended the scene. They used two main jets and four breathing apparatus to tackle the fire, which started in the kitchen.
Paramedics also attended.
One person was taken to hospital suffering from burns.