East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service is reminding people to take extra care after receiving around 230 weather-related calls since yesterday afternoon. Around 120 incidents were attended by crews - the majority of these were to make an area safe after the strong winds brought down trees, signs and roofs.
- 17:12: Signage removed from a shop at Lower Willingdon in Eastbourne.
- 17:24 Electrics isolated by crews after flooding at a home in Little Common in Bexhill.
- 17:46: Tree fallen on to car at Keld Avenue, Uckfield leaving two people trapped inside. People released – no injuries reported.
- 18:06: Sections of a garage canopy removed at Texaco on the South Coast Road, Peacehaven.
- 18:20: Window of shop and door blown in at Marina Mews in Bexhill. Area made safe.
- 19:13: Crews removed tree from across the A21 at Swanfield Farm.
- 19:25: Flat roof removed by crews and area made safe on Saint Leonards Avenue, Hove.
- 20:15 Large sheeting removed from building on Old Ghyll Road, Heathfield.
- 20:41: Pipe swinging four storeys high at a building on St Johns Road in Seaford. Pipe removed by crews and area made safe.
- 20:42 Flat roof blown off garage and flooding affecting electrics at an address in Park Avenue, Hastings. Crews removed roof and made the area safe.
- 22:39: Air conditioning unit hanging off wall of building on Brunswick Street, Hove. Unit removed by crews.
- 03:54: Solar panels fallen from roof on building in Dyke Road, Brighton which then caused flooding to the property. Area made safe.