East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service has been working hard during the latest storms, making buildings safe.
Incidents overnight (3/4 January 2014) include:
* 17.27 brickwork and area made safe after chimney pots came loose on Broomgrove Road in Hastings
* 17.42 large roof panels made safe on Morris Road in Lewes
* 18.46 loose sign hanging dangerously over a pthway on South Coast Road in Peacehaven was made safe
* 19.05 loose scaffold boards made safe at Priory Road in Hastings
* 00.36 large damaged window ten floors up a Marina Court in St Leonards made safe
* 06.32 loose facia boards on the front of a property at a retail unit on the old MFI site in St Leonards
* 06.37 a collapsed ceiling caused by a leaking roof in St Leonards Lane in Mayfield
Members of the public are being reminded that there are a number of organisations which can be contacted if you have a problem which does not require an emergency response.
Dial 101 when it is less urgent than 999
For flood alerts or call Floodline number 0845 988 1188 (24 hour service)
East Sussex County Council
For problems on the roads: please ring the Highways Contact Centre on 0345 60 80 193 and leave a message or email email@example.com
For out-of-hours emergencies affecting the roads in East Sussex, other than traffic accidents, please call our emergency out of hours service on 01323 644422.
Brighton and Hove City Council
To report fallen trees or debris on roads or pavements, please call 01273 292929 during office hours. For environmental emergencies out of office hours, call 01273 292229.
Highways phone: (01273) 292929
Local Borough or District Councils
District and borough council websites