Thursday, 20 March 2014

Fire in Kemp Town, Brighton


On 20th March at 02.17am, crews from Preston Circus and Roedean responded to a fire at a property in Rugby Place, Kemp Town, Brighton.

On route to the incident crews were informed that there was a report of children at the window of the property with smoke issuing.

Fortunately, on arrival, it was confirmed that everyone had got out of the building safely.

Three children were treated for smoke inhalation and were taken to hospital.

The fire was in the first floor bathroom and was believed to have been caused by a candle in the bathroom.

Roedean Crew Commander, Will Marler, said: “There were no working smoke alarms in the property, so it is just extremely fortunate that everyone was able to make it out safely.

“It is important to have a working smoke alarm on every floor of the house.
Having a working smoke alarm can buy you valuable time, in the event of a fire, and increase the chances of getting everyone out alive.

“Candles – like any naked flame - can cause fires. It’s very important that they are in appropriate protective holders and not left unattended.”

No comments:

Post a Comment