On 2nd April at 7.52pm, crews from Bexhill responded to an incident at a residential property in Bayencourt North, Bexhill.
12 repeat calls were received by East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service reporting a shed alight, indicating the house may be involved.
On arrival crews found the shed wall alight and the external part of the house affected.
The fire was extinguished using two hose reel jets and a hydrant.
The cause was deemed to be accidental.
Firefighter, Graham Leggate, took the opportunity to remind the public of the importance of working smoke alarms.
Graham said: “Having a working smoke alarm in your property will give you and your family the extra few seconds you will need to escape in the event of a fire in your home. Fire will happen when you least expect it, so it’s vital that you have a working smoke alarm in your property and that you check it regularly.”