Monday, 8 September 2014

Firefighters called to a house fire in Brighton



Firefighters were called to an accidental house fire last night (7th September).

Three crews from Brighton and Hove were sent to Nesbitt Road, in Brighton, at 7.36pm following reports of that a man was trapped inside.

Neighbours had tried to rescue the man but were told to leave the property by East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service.

Firefighters searched the property but no rescue was required as the accidental fire was out on arrival and crews used a Positive Pressure Ventilation Fan to clear the property of smoke.

Firefighters carried out a Home Safety Visit following the incident and spoke to the elderly man about keeping safe in the home.

The fire service will always recommend that you get out, stay out and call the fire service out as quickly as possible in the event of a fire


More than half of accidental fires at home are started by cooking.
 
Many kitchen fires happen when people are not paying attention or they leave things unattended.

Find out how to keep safe while you are cooking and what to do if a fire starts in your kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment