Monday, 22 September 2014

Kitchen fire in Brighton

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service were called to a fire on Princes Crescent in Brighton at 01.00 on 22 September 2014.

Crews from Preston Circus and Hove attended the address.

There was a fire in a first floor kitchen.

Firefighters used two breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet to tackle the fire. They then used a PPV fan to clear the smoke.

There are no reports of injuries.

The fire was accidental.

Avoid a kitchen fire in your home
  • take pans off the heat or turn the heat down if you're called away from the cooker, eg by a phone call
  • take care if you're wearing loose clothing as it can catch fire easily
  • don't cook if you have been drinking alcohol or taken prescription drugs - you may get drowsy or lose concentration

No comments:

Post a Comment