Monday, 22 September 2014

Man helped to safety after kitchen fire in Hove

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service was called at 04.07 on the morning of 20 September 2014 to reports of the smell of burning in Hove.

Firefighters from Preston Circus and Hove Community Fire Stations attended an address on Tisbury Road.

There was a small fire in a kitchen.

A man, believed to be in his thirties, was suffering from smoke inhalation and was helped to safety.


He was given oxygen therapy.

Top tips for kitchen safety
  • take pans off the heat or turn the heat down if you're called away from the cooker, eg by a phone call
  • take care if you're wearing loose clothing as it can catch fire easily
  • don't cook if you have been drinking alcohol or taken prescription drugs - you may get drowsy or lose concentration

No comments:

Post a Comment