Wednesday, 29 October 2014

Phone charger linked to fire in Brighton

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service were called to reports of a fire at a block of flats in Brighton at 12.15 on 28 October 2014.

Crews from Preston Circus attended an address on Preston Road.

A phone charger caused a small fire in the living room.

There are no reports of injuries.

What to check for on your electrical appliances
There are particular danger signs to look out for on all electrical items you have around your home.

If you think something needs fixing or changing, do it straight away.

For plugs and sockets, keep an eye out for the following:

  • hot plugs or sockets, scorch marks, fuses that often blow, or flickering lights - they are all are signs of loose wiring or other electrical problems
  • badly wired plugs - any coloured wires sticking out could come loose and debris could also get into the plug
  • overloaded sockets - plugging too many electrical appliances into one socket can lead to overheating
More advice can be found at:

No comments:

Post a Comment