Hove firefighters were called to a fire at a residential property above a shop last night (16 November).
Two fire appliances and the aerial ladder platform were mobilised to Portland Road, Hove, at 8.40pm.
Firefighters used a ladder to access the property and to tackle the second-floor roof facia fire with one hose reel.
The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental and crews spent time damping down and cutting away to check for any hot spots.
The stop message for the fire came in at 9.50pm.