Monday, 10 November 2014

Rescue from roof of Hastings building



Hastings firefighters rescued one female from the roof of a property following a flat fire at the  Marina, St Leonards-on-Sea.

Four crews were mobilised yesterday (9th November) morning at 9.14am after reports of a fire on the third-floor of the property.

The Aerial Ladder Platform was used by firefighters to rescue one person from the roof of the building.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackled the accidental fire with two hose reel jets.

Four appliances and an aerial ladder platform attended the incident with crews remaining on scene for approximately 50 minutes. No-one was injured in the fire, which was caused by a candle.

Borough Commander Nigel Cusack said: “We would like to remind people of the importance of never leaving candles unattended and to keep them away from any combustible materials. We would urge all residents within Hastings to contact our Community Safety Department and seek the opportunity of a Home Safety Visit by operational crews.”

No comments:

Post a Comment