Crews from Roedean will be on hand in the afternoon to give home and road safety advice and collect money for the Fire Fighters Charity.
The Charity was set up in 1943 out of a desire to help wounded firefighters and provide support to their families during World War II. Its aim is simple: "we exist to help members of the fire and rescue community who put their lives on the line every day to save others, whilst providing support for their families." Find out more here: http://www.firefighterscharity.org.uk/
Find out more about the event: http://www.rottingdeansmugglers.co.uk/
Festive safety advice
- Never place candles near your Christmas tree or materials that can catch light easily.
- Keep candles, lighters and matches out of children’s reach. Never leave lit candles unattended.
- Never overload electrical sockets. Always switch Christmas lights off and unplug them before you go to bed.
- Decorations can burn easily – so don’t attach them to lights or heaters.
- Take time to check on older relatives and neighbours this Christmas as they are potentially at greater risk from fire.
- Make sure your family and visitors know how to escape in an emergency.
- Check your Christmas tree lights carry the British Safety Standard sign.