Tuesday, 16 December 2014

Safety message following kitchen fire in Brighton

East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service is urging budding cooks to stay safe this Christmas following a kitchen fire in Brighton.

Two crews from Brighton and Hove were mobilised to Rose Hill Terrace, in Brighton, yesterday (15th December) evening at 7.08pm, following reports of a small fire on the ground floor of a property.

The fire was out on arrival and no one was injured but a Home Safety Visit was carried out.
More than half of accidental fires at home are started by cooking.

Many kitchen fires happen when people are not paying attention or they leave things unattended.

Find out how to keep safe while you are cooking and what to do if a fire starts in your kitchen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment