Two crews from Eastbourne Community Fire Station attended an incident at a property in Bexhill Road last night (26 January).
They used carbon dioxide on an electric fire after being called at 7.01pm. The fire was accidental and no-one was injured.
- Heaters should be kept away from furniture and fittings. Ensure that nothing can fall onto a heater.
- Keep at least three feet - one metre - away from them
- Have fireguards to prevent and protect children and/or pets coming in contact with them
- Never dry washing on or near them (or on fireguards)
- Try to secure heaters up against a wall to stop them falling over.
- Don't cover air vents on storage heaters or fan heaters.
More information about using electric heaters safely can be found on the community safety pages of the Service website at http://www.esfrs.org/communitySafety/advice/heaters.shtml