Monday, 19 January 2015

Tumble dryer fire in Hastings



A safety warning is being issued following a tumble dryer fire in Hastings.

Residents are being encouraged to switch off appliances when going to bed, or when out, unless they are designed to be left on, like freezers.

In the early hours of this morning (19th January) at 1.03am two appliances were mobilised to Beecham Place, in St Leonards, following reports of a fire.

A 25-year-old woman had to be treated for breathing in smoke and an ambulance attended.

Firefighters used a Positive Pressure Ventilation Fan to clear smoke from the building.

Electrical appliances, especially ones that run at high speeds and contain motors, like washing machines, should be serviced once a year by a qualified electrician.

For further safety information about Electrical Appliance Fire Safety go to our website: 

No comments:

Post a Comment