Monday, 19 January 2015

Two chimney fires in one evening



Firefighters from East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service were sent to two chimney fires last night (18th January).

The first appliance was mobilised to a property in Gillridge Lane, Crowborough, at 8.19pm, where a chimney kit was used to tackle the fire.

The second incident occurred at a house in Kiln Lane, Hooe, Rother, the same evening at 9.52pm.

Two appliances attended and firefighters located the fire within the stud wall, behind the woodburner. Crews spent time cutting away and used one hose reel to put out the flames, caused by the accidental fire.

Ensure your chimney is swept regularly, according to the type of fuel used.

To find out further information on how to keep safe, if you use an open fire, please check out our community safety pages, where you will find lots of useful information.

No comments:

Post a Comment