Monday, 5 January 2015

Two men treated following small oven fire in Brighton



East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service were called to a small oven fire at a property in Brighton yesterday (4th January).

At 5.35pm two crews were mobilised to Grand Parade Mews where two men had to be treated with oxygen therapy, after breathing in smoke when a fire broke out in the oven.

More than half of accidental fires at home are started by cooking.

Many kitchen fires happen when people are not paying attention or they leave things unattended.

Find out how to keep safe while you are cooking and what to do if a fire starts in your kitchen by clicking onto our community safety pages. 

No comments:

Post a Comment