Firefighters were mobilised yesterday (15th February) to Plumyfeather Crossroad at 4.19pm.
No-one was injured and advice was given by the crew at the scene.
East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service advises following these chimney fire prevention tips to keep safe:
- Ensure your chimney is swept regularly
- Chimneys should be swept according to the type of fuel used:
-Bitumous coal - at least twice a year
-Wood - quarterly when in use
-Oil once a year
-Gas - once a year (Any work on gas appliances requires a Gas Safe registered installer/engineer).
- Keep chimneys and flues clean and well maintained.
- Be careful when using open fires to keep warm. Make sure you always use a fire guard to protect against flying sparks from hot embers.
- Ensure the fire is extinguished before going to bed or leaving the house.
- Ensure good quality fuel is used.
- Never interrupt the air supply by blocking air vents or air bricks.