Monday, 2 February 2015

Tumble dryer fire in Hove

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service were called at 23.21 on 1 February 2015 to reports of  fire alarms sounding and the smell of smoke at a property in Hove.

Crews from Hove attended the scene at Westbourne Villas.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus found a small fire in the kitchen area, which they tackled using a hose reel jet.

The fire was in a tumble dryer and was accidental.


Electrical fire safety app

Electrical Safety First has developed a free smartphone app that allows anyone to do a quick, visual check, to ensure their home is electrically safe.

Designed to be as easy-to-use as possible, the app highlights potential dangers in each room and explains how to resolve simple, non-technical problems.

Where more serious issues are flagged, people are advised to use a registered electrician.

The app is available for use on Android phones and on the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Find out more: http://www.electricalsafetyfirst.org.uk/guides-and-advice/around-the-home/visual-checks/

No comments:

Post a Comment