Tuesday, 10 March 2015

Kitchen fire prompts smoke alarm reminder

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service were called to reports of smoke and the sound of a smoke alarm at a house in Stanmer Drive in the Hampden Park area of Eastbourne.

Firefighters from Eastbourne Community Fire Station were called at 11:38am today (Tuesday 9 March).

They used breathing apparatus and took a hose reel to deal with a pot on a cooker in a domestic kitchen.

The property was saved, and firefighters helped ventilate the property before leaving the scene.  A home safety visit will be carried out.

A smoke alarm is the easiest way to alert you to the danger of fire, giving you time to escape and this incident has prompted the Service to remind everyone to ensure their property has a working smoke alarm.

Read more information about smoke alarms and home safety visits

No comments:

Post a Comment